the essence…

One of my favorite paper collections is Basic Grey’s Persimmon.  I never tire of it and tend to hoard my paper.  I was inspired by a couple challenges:
cardstock:  recollections/110/white  paper:  basic grey/persimmon stamps:  stampin’ up/love is kindness  ink:  memento tuxedo, various copics  other:  stampin’ up embossing folder, martha stewart wool yarn, cork, circle punch

I was lucky to borrow Kimberly’s Stampin’ up image, Love is Kindness.  I love the newsprint wrapped tulips!

Can you see the cork on top of the tag…oh yes, and the polka base?

Playing along with the gals over at Tag, you’re it!
I’m such a fan of Jeanne’s work!
I’m also linking up to AAA Cards!

This is my first time playing with them, I hope that my card is CAS enough!

That’s it for me…before I go, I wanted to let you know that we’re having a ton of fun & prizes over on the Neat & Tangled blog this week:

We’re collaborating with the awesome girls of The Cut Shoppe!  There are prizes so make sure you check out both Neat & Tangled along with The Cut Shoppe!

32 thoughts on “the essence…”

1. How fun to see you joining in over at AAA! AND with such a fabulous card — that color is divine! Thanks for playing along~

2. I love that collection, too, and have been so inspired by everything you've done with it, my friend! This is SO sweet! Love that sweet newspaper wrapped floral bouquet and love the sentiment, too. I really like how you only colored the flower heads. That is such a neat look!

3. A gorgeous springtime image, loving your cute tag and gorgeous bunch of tulips … wrapped in newspaper – that's so cool. Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.

4. Such a cute card!! Love the shape of that tag!!!! And I agree – love the newsprint wrapped flowers too! So lovely!

5. I love this paper… and that sweet newspaper wrapped tulip bouquet… and such a great sentiment, too!!! This is SO pretty, Amy!!!

6. What a wonderful design. Love the two DP's with the solid stripe down the middle. That image of the newspaper-wrapped flowers is fabulous. Love that you chose to color only the flowers and left the rest black & white. Love it!! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards!

7. Oh yes! Cleanish CAS. Wonderful layout and tag. Your take on the stamp is great too. Is that roving wool? I make mice with that….and I horde paper too….it's so fun being a crafter. Hugs, Victoria~ AAA Cards

8. This is so cute! I love the idea of the tag and that stamp is so cute, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

9. I think my phone ate my comment on this!!!!!!! LOVE what you do with ALL of the Persimmon collection, we BOTH love that one!!!!!!!!!! And YES the Love is Kindness stamp!! Wonderful..just wonderful!!!!

Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards, we are very glad that you are sharing your creativity with us!!! -always!!

10. How did I miss this before? Love that you went rectangular on this tag– I cannot believe your Project Life stash… Thank you for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

11. Oh Amy this is so pretty! I love your pretty tulips and the pretty paper too! The yellow is so bright against the pattern paper and I just want to reach in and touch that soft fuzzy tie! Paper hoarder here too! Gotta hang on to the stuff you love right?

12. Those newspaper wrapped tulips are just gorgeous – and I love the yellow – it goes so well with the patterned paper (my all-time favourite is also a Basic Grey collection – Out Of Print)! Thanks so much for sharing your great Springtime card with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill