Freshly Made Sketches: with sympathy

Happy Monday.
There has been several losses out there…I dread making sympathy cards.  I always tend to go non-traditional:
paper:  chickaniddy crafts/scrumptious  stamps:  reverse confetti/petals ‘n posies  ink:  stampin’ up white embossing  other:  reverse confetti square tag/heart to heart confetti cuts, cork
The card base is the denim patterned paper by Chickaniddy Crafts.  I love the color green and think of it as a cheerful but not overbearing color.

I was inspired by

The Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious 6×6 is currently available over at

Remember that i {heart} papers is closing their doors so everything is 50% off.  Use code:  BYEIHP

square tag
reverse confetti square tag

heart to heart
reverse confetti heart to heart

petals 'n posies
reverse confetti petals ‘n posies

30 thoughts on “Freshly Made Sketches: with sympathy”

1. I hear you on the sympathy cards! i feel the same way!!
    This is one is gorgeous though!! Great colors and i love the patterns!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

2. Oh man! How bittersweet – horrible reason to make a card…but such a beautiful card! I love that green color, a perfect, subtle but happy color! ❤️

3. Sympathy cards are so hard to make, but you've done a beautiful job, Amy. The heart is the sweetest touch.

4. Sorry for the need of this card, Amy. I agree, sympathy cards are the hardest to make but this one is perfect.

5. Your card is beautiful Amy! Sympathy cards are so hard to make and I just LOVE your non traditional colors for this!

6. Very pretty, amy… I don't hate making sympathy cards. I just remember how appreciated they are… this one will be loved…

7. Such a pretty card Amy! I agree sympathy cards are not my favorite either, but you sure did a wonderful job on this one!

8. Sympathy cards are always difficult for me, too. I find it's easier to make them when I don't need one. This 'non-traditional' card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

9. Oh I think we all can agree that Sympathy cards are never easy to make, Amy. I have a couple of stamps (old Stampin' Up set) that are my go-to for these cards. You created a lovey one here, and I am sure your thoughtfulness will be appreciated.

10. sympathy cards are seriously the toughest cards to make, I think. But you did a great job on this! I love the colors, and the hanging tag is perfect. It's classic and elegant, but stands out from the crowd, too!

11. I agree with you regarding sympathy cards – hard to make on so many levels – yet you've created a lovely one here. Non-traditional yes, but still conveying the essence of gentleness and thoughtfulness that such cards call for. I think this is heart-warming!