Pinterest Inspired Challenge Blog: sending sunshine

Hello and Happy August! What?  Really?  I can’t believe it’s already August!

I’m super excited to tell you that I’m a guest designer for a BRAND NEW Challenge blog….Pinterest Inspired Challenge
If you know me, you know that I’m a challenge-a-holic!

Check out the inspiration for challenge #1:
Here’s how I was inspired by the gorgeous graphic:

papers and stamps:  create a smile/sending sunshine kit  ink:  ranger archival black  other:  peerless watercolors

I’ve been wanting to dip into my Create a Smile kit.   I’m trying to catch up from all of my earlier purchases!  That jelly fish makes me smile and love the mixed font sentiment.  My card is inspired by the colors and the circular shapes in the graphic.

I had so much fun, I went ahead and designed a bonus card.

I went with a natural inspiration…the blooms.  I do have to tell you, I tried several versions of what should have been a slam dunk but you know when things just don’t hit you, right?  Well, when it gets like that for me I go super clean + simple:

cardstock:  ranger watercolor  paper:  create a smile/treats paper pack/feel good  stamps:  essentials by ellen/bohemian garden  & 12 days companion greetings ink:  ranger archival black  other:  mme enamel dots, kuretake gansai tambi
My base panel is from Create a Smile’s Treats paper pack/feel good.  I love texty paper!  My watercolor panel uses Kuretake Gansai Tambi…I did a quick wash {wet on wet}.  I then stamped blooms from the Essentials by Ellen/Bohemian Garden set.  The sentiment?  Essentials by Ellen 12 Days Companion Greetings!

I can’t wait to see how you’re inspired!  Make sure you pop over to the Pinterest Inspired Challenge blog for all of the details!

34 thoughts on “Pinterest Inspired Challenge Blog: sending sunshine”

1. Every card you make is a 'slam dunk' for me, amy… I am so inspired to get busy on this challenge! Darling, fun cards!!! Thanks for the deets!
    =] M

2. looks like a fun challenge – and your card is wonderful – like the gal above can't get into the blog without an invitation – what gives??

3. Awesome inspired cards! That first one is just perfect– Thanks for letting us know of a new challenge site – they are always fun~

4. SUPER cute creations! LOVE the yellow! Must get some of that paper ASAP! And I def. need to check out that new challenge:)

5. Both of your cards are so on target for that beautiful inspiration photo, Amy. Congrats on your GD spot for this new challenge.

6. Thanks so much for being our first Guest Designer Amy! So happy you join us this month! Your cards are fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Francine

7. Fantastic takes on the inspiration photo, Amy!!! And congrats on your guest designer gig!!! You are awesome!

8. You ROCK both cards, Amy! I am so happy you join us in our first challenge Amy… Much appreciated! Hugssss.

9. Fabulous cards Amy! Congratulations on being CASE'd by Kelly! I do not know how on earth I have not come across your wonderful blog before now?!! Still, better late than never, happy to be your latest follower and fan!! Have a great week! Hazel xx

10. Omgosh, awesome! I'd say that both of these are a slam dunk, for sure! Love that cute little jelly and love your floral print! Gorgeous!

11. How cute are these cards? I LOVE the first one with the fun jellies. The second one is so pretty with the wash and the enamel dots on those flowers. Lovely design!