my ♡ is with you.

Did you see that SugarPea Designs & Catherine Pooler/StampNation have teamed up?  It’s super exciting that SugarPea Designs is this week’s sponsor over at StampNation’s Challenges!  Make sure you check out the fun challenge, you have a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate to SugarPea Designs!

I was able to create a just for fun card…that doesn’t happen very often but I’m so excited to share this with you:
cardstock:  recollections/110/white, mft steel gray  paper;  simple stories/i am  stamps:  sugarpea designs/going places ink:  fresh ink strawberry other:  sugarpea designs/sugarcuts/america the beautiful
I combined SugarPea Designs:  Sugarcuts – America the Beautiful + a sentiment from the Going Places stamp set.  Why yes, I did inlay 48 pieces….it was a challenge for my ‘old eyes’ but oh-so-worth-the-work!

I’m squirreling this away for the boy…I’m doing the countdown in my head.  I’m stepping away from a handful of design teams for July & August to spend more time with the kids.  Honestly, I can’t get over how full the house is now and in September we will be empty nesters.

20 thoughts on “my ♡ is with you.”

1. Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING that map of the US!!! And big hugs Mama!!!! I am only a half-empty nester … but I feel your pain 🙂

2. So much fun, Amy, love your card. It is daunting to think about all the people in the house and that all will be gone in the fall! Enjoy the chaos…the quiet is not so peaceful! Happy Thursday and yes, the pizza was/is yummy!

3. They do come home. And you'll be surprised at how they've become the lovely young people you just knew they always were. Your relationship changes, but in such a good way. No matter where they are, and how old they are, they'll always be your babies. He'll love this card. And he'll get it at a time when he's feeling a bit homesick. This will make him feel so much better. You're a good mommy! Not to mention a pretty darn fantastic card maker too! Bev

4. Beautiful card! And I am so impressed you paper pieces all of the states, wow! I agree it was worth it because your card looks awesome! And that's good you'll have more free time with family. The weathers been gorgeous in Seattle, so it's perfect to be out and about with the family! 🙂

5. I think thats a fantastic idea to spend more time with them, they sure do grow up fast and then they are gone. You will have so much fun!! I can just see you sitting there at 5am with a pair of tweezers putting this card together. Oh so fiddly but so worth it, its gorgeous!

6. OMG…you inlaid all of the states!?! Bravo! It looks incredible! I LOVE it!!! Your patience and hard work really created a beauty with this card! ❤️