you add color to my life.

purple

I don’t use it much in my designs but I love my Martha chunky wool yarn so I was happy to incorporate the lavender color into my card:

cardstock:  recollections/110/white  paper:  studio calico  stamps:  paper smooches hot concoctions/blossoming buds/I heart art  ink:  memento tuxedo, various copics  other:  paper smooches notebook basic die, Martha wool yarn
I’m playing along with the gals over at
Gotta love the Picture Perfect challenge…
Awesome inspiration…

I managed to use 3 Paper Smooches Stamp Sets:
Hot Concoctions
Blossoming Buds
I Heart Art
I’ve had the Notebook Basic Die for a smidge so I happily used that in today’s card.

I wanted to share the 2nd bouquet of blooms that the kids gave me over the weekend that has become my profile pic (for now):

Aren’t those pink peonies just beautiful?  They took their grandmother to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday and picked these up for me {and that cute nautical notebook from the T$ spot!).
Thanks for stoppin’ by!!!

37 thoughts on “you add color to my life.”

1. Oh I adore your tea cup, amy… must run to find out if that comes that way, or did you do some magical stamping? Peonies are my favorite… for now.

2. Amy that design is fantastic, love the flower mug and that yarn–yum! As for the peonies I love love love peonies, your kiddos are amazing for getting these for their awesome mama! xoxo

3. LOVE how you stamped the florals in the coffee mug, so pretty! And of course I love that yarn. Peonies are my favorite flower, your kids rock!

4. Love your card; love the peonies and LOVE that your kids gave your these marvelous gifts! Lots of 'wonderful' happening here!

5. Well done you! Such a sweet card, and am loving that chunky yarn. And coffee. Now that makes it perfect! Love it! Bev

6. Sweet coffee card…love that beautiful mug, so sweet and feminine. Love your beautiful flowers, what sweet children you have.

7. Oh this is so lovely! Love that 'hand painted China' look of that adorable mug!! Am always a big fan of your chunky yarn too!! 😉

8. I tend to shy away from purple, too, but I have to say, I find it absolutely stunning here! It is gorgeous with the kraft brown color! Love the chevron background and love the mug. Your coloring of just the mug and that chunky yarn are com.plet.ely. fabulous!!

9. Such a pretty card and I would love to own that cup. your flowers from your sweet kids are stunning…they are so sweet to shower you with love this way.

10. Love the bits of lavender here, and that chunky wool is perfectly scrumptious! I've been wanting to plant peonies in my front yard, and those beautiful blooms only make that desire stronger ;).

11. I don't dont dont dont don't use purple…ever (if I can help it! Ha!), but I LOOOOOVEthat chunky wool! Wow! Amazing! And I love how you decorated that coffee cup!! It's adorable!!!

12. I love peonies. My Mum has a some in her garden that are white with pale pink tips, they smell divine. Such a perfect card for the photo challenge and think you might just be on to a winner!! So glad you were spoilt rotten by your kids, you totally deserve it. I hope your garage sale is going well too!

13. oooh, amy. I just love how you decorated this cup, absolutely brilliant and beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

14. Love the card with the chunky wool yarn… it looks like cotton candy.
    Gorgeous bouquet, Amy. You are a lucky girl! Unfortunately peonies aren't easy to find here :(.

15. I saw your card on the Paper Smooches Facebook page— Congrats on being a FB Featured Fan!

LOVE this card— that chunky wool yarn is AMMMMMMMAZING! LOVE your take on this photo:)

THANKS for joining in the fun with the PSS challenge:) Hope you join in the fun again soon!