New York Style Congrats!

cardstock:  mft steel gray, stampin’ up cherry cobbler/soft sky, strathmore watercolor stamps:  altenew sketchy cities america  ink:  ranger archival jet black  other:  spellbinders large circles, target watercolors
Hello!

I made this especially for my boy.

Bear with me on this post.

My boy, my youngest, was a super quiet and mellow baby.  Perhaps it was because his older sister was such a fussy baby…and I mean fussy.

It seemed as if when he turned one, he turned, well, adventurous.  He’d disappear in a split second, he’d jump before thinking, he picked up everything off of the ground…you know, all that kid stuff.   Actually, things haven’t changed much…LOL.  He’s a senior in high school and has worked so very hard to get great grades while keeping up with many clubs/activities.

Although he’s traveling internationally with his father, he sent me a text message yesterday to let me know that he received an acceptance letter from a college in NY!  I couldn’t be more happy for him, he’s meant to go to school in NY…seriously.

We’re still waiting to hear from 2 Washington State colleges and another NY one.  Wherever he lands, I know that he’ll be smashingly successful!

I gotta be honest, the Momma in me will have a difficult transition when he leaves.  I cried when my girl left for the University of Washington…oy.  As his Momma though, I’m so excited for this new adventure.  He really is filled with so much curiosity, adventure and kindness….he makes me laugh, a lot.  I’m looking forward to finding out where he’ll end up, just gotta keep reminding him that they are happy tears πŸ™‚

I was inspired by the current

The Altenew Sketchy Cities America was perfect for my card!
and

53 thoughts on “New York Style Congrats!”

1. Whoo Hoo congratulations to your son Amy. Exciting time. And emotional. I'm still having emotions, ha, they leave, they come back…………..ACK. I love this card so much. Awesome use of the inspiring challenges.

2. Of course you will miss your son, I have four Amy and I cried when my last one left as well! As for adventure, there is a lot, congrats to him and you, you've raised him to be a conscientious man! Of course he will be a success! Love the card and the skyline of New York! Have a fun Thursday! It's cold here!

3. YES to NY!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME news!! CONGRATS to him!! I can't believe BOTH of our babies are graduating this year!!! YIKES!!! Where did the time go?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Adam is even turning 18 tomorrow!!!! Now it is time for me to feel officially OLD! LOL!!!

4. Oh my goodness!!!! What an exciting adventure ahead for your son, wherever he goes to college!! πŸ˜„ And what a hard time ahead for the mom in you!!! πŸ˜“ oh boy, sending hugs!!
    Oh, by the way, your card is AMAZING!! Love the stripes and personalized New York scene!

5. Congrats to your son! Your card is a fitting tribute, and awesome, too!
    HOW can you be a mom to two adult children? You are so young and lovely!

6. How wonderful! It's gratifying as a parent when one of the "babies" does so well! You must be so proud, and I so get the flip side of that…difficult when they venture out into the world. He'll do well — he's had great parents to learn life from. Love the card you've made for him! And I'm certain he'll know how much love (and great design) went into it. Chin up mommy; you'll both do well! Bev
    P.S. We went through this with 8 of them…!

7. That is great news!!! A bonus is that when you come visit him in NY, I can pop over and have coffee with you! Great card!

8. Your card is perfect. Good job.
    As for son leaving….There is NO preparation for our babies leaving the nest. Good luck to YOU on the transition! And good luck to him on his future.

9. Perfection… puts me in a New York state of mind! Fantastic news, amy – congrats to your son, and to you, you sweet, proud mama…

10. Your card is absolutely perfect! And congratulations to your son! I'm sure it'll be difficult to have him live so far, but I love how supportive you are. You're such a wonderful mom! πŸ™‚

11. What excitement awaits the boy! even to travel internationally is a growth experience – fortunate boy there! And a great NY card!

12. Your card is AWESOME! And Congrats to your son! And I'll be honest, I always cried when all my kids started school (meaning Kindergarten)! lol I'm sure I'll be the same when they go off to college, too! πŸ˜‰

13. Very stylish card! Love the photo with your son! And college is such an adventure…..never easy on the moms!

14. congrats to your son Amy.. NY wow that is awesome. I know you are so proud of your kids.. They will do great things.. Your card is amazing.. he will love it

15. Congrats to your son – know what you mean – you are proud of them growing into their new adventures but sooo hard to let them go! Love love love this card!

16. Such a great card and is perfect with this sketch.
    It is hard when our babies leave the nest…but my middle daughter says she is a lifer, and never moving out, lol.

17. Congratulations to you and your son, Amy! Hard work really pays off!!! I am sure he will reap the benefits of a city like New York…and I can keep an eye on him for you;)

18. Congrats to YOU and YOUR BOY. High grades and activities is not an easy road. Great parenting helps so much.
    Your card is truly elegant. Another one of my favorites of yours. What an inspiration you are!

19. Awww, what a fabulous, fantastic card, my friend! Such a bold, and graphic design that is sooooo eye catching! And so perfect for your son! That is such great news! Although super hard, too. I know…… I feel ya…

20. what a fab post for an awesome dude. & you are quite right, if you dropped that guy in an empty cornfield he would instantly make 15 friends, re-design it (too much green, lol!) and start testing recipes for gourmet corn fritters! b/c he *IS* as someone once said, such a WHIPPERSNAPPER! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ both your kids are, for that matter, and yet so uniquely their own selves! must be some awesome parentin' over there, eh…? πŸ™‚

ps: lovely card & a fab version of the sketch, but you can't expect it to get too much attention when it's in a post about THE BOY, lol!

21. It's hard to let go of kids… no matter how old they are… or what they are doing… you are a sweet Momma! Fantastic card. Love the city image in the circle. πŸ™‚

22. Wonderful news, Amy – something to cheer wildly about, yet shed some tears as well. NY sounds like a marvelous destination for your son, but wherever he does 'land' he'll accomplish marvelous things. Like mother, like son! Totally adore the card you've made for him; he'll love it, as do I (looks like you'll have a few more to make, as I know he'll receive acceptance letters from all he applied to!).

23. Congratulations to your son on his acceptance to the NY school! I know you're one proud mama! He's going to love that card!

24. Congratulations to Your son and to you Sista! You're one Proud Momma… I am so so HAPPY for you and I can feel your happiness!!! I'm sure your card will land on one of his keepsakes box! It's made with love and its beautiful! Its special! Time flies sure is! Hugs sista xx

25. Love your card!!! Congrats to your young man!! I can't imagine how proud you are of him <3 yay then we can hang out when you come to NYC! Haha

26. *Big hugs* I know how much you love your kids, Amy! It will be an adjustment, but I also know how much support you give him. I'm so excited as he starts this new chapter of his life and you're right, whatever he plans to do/go, he's going to be an absolute success!!!! Such an awesome card.

27. I can hear your mama heart swelling with pride and joy πŸ™‚ Much of who his is comes from a good mama πŸ™‚ Congrats to him and look forward to hearing where he decides to go.

28. Love how you used the inspiration Amy! Your card is amazing! And I know you are so proud of your son! Congrats to him on his college acceptances!!

29. Wow! This is just amazing, Amy! Love the New York scene and story behind it regarding your son. Perfection, for sure!

30. What a great card! I love just it! Love those colours. It's just perfect for your son! I'm sure he'll love it! I don't think I can bear the thought of my babes leaving the nest – thankfully I have 10 years to go!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

31. Love the NY skyline and the story behind the design! Best of luck to your son–I know he'll make a great choice!

32. CONGRATULATIONS to your boy, Amy. This is a super cool card for his great news of acceptance to a NY University. Wishing him good luck and so much success on his life-decision journey.

33. Congratulations to your son! How exciting! And this card is so fantastic…could not be more perfect for him. Glad to see you, as always, at FMS!

34. Congratulations on his college acceptance! And this is just the perfect card to help remember the occasion πŸ™‚ Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

35. Bold, graphic, stunning! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge! And congratulations to your boy! πŸ™‚